Sunday 11 December 2011

Barry M, Touch of Magic Lip Paint (review)








This last photo was taken after eating, as you can see, the colour's hardly changed or smudged!
(Apologies for my poor webcam quality)

What they say: A waterproof formula with added Aloe Vera stays on for up to 8 hours. Depending on the alkali level of your lips, determines just how pale or rich the colour will go.
Colour: Green that turns bright pink!
Rating: * * * *
I bought this lipstick after a friend recommended it; I thought it looked really quirky and great for summer or a night out.
It applies smoothly, but I can’t say I notice the ‘added Aloe Vera’, as I still need to wear lip balm to prevent my lips from chapping.
Remember not to be put off by the bright green colour; it turns to pink as soon as it touches your lips! The colour stays strong for hours as, instead of smudging when you take a drink or lick your lips, the water seems to increase the brightness. (If you’re not looking for an overly loud colour, you can apply a smaller amount to the centre of your lips and rub it in with a finger or lip brush.)
My only complaint would be the design of the lipstick as it’s not the most comfortable to hold, but this is only a small issue and doesn’t affect the overall quality of the product.
Overall, I’d highly recommend this lipstick for its fun stay-put colour that’s perfect to make you stand out from the crowd; however you may get a few funny looks when your friends see you putting on a bright green lipstick!

No comments:

Post a Comment